Monday, June 30, 2014
Sunday, June 29, 2014
Saturday, June 28, 2014
Friday, June 27, 2014
Thursday, June 26, 2014
Wednesday, June 25, 2014
Monday, June 23, 2014
Saturday, June 21, 2014
Friday, June 20, 2014
Thursday, June 19, 2014
Wednesday, June 18, 2014
Tuesday, June 17, 2014
Sunday, June 15, 2014
Saturday, June 14, 2014
Friday, June 13, 2014
Thursday, June 12, 2014
Wednesday, June 11, 2014
Tuesday, June 10, 2014
Browser and mobile apps are trending so much that native software are losing ground... as a result we are losing good quality software available on native desktops. Affected domains by browser based apps:
- Command and conquer shifting to web.
- Web based small games that suck... all those facebook invites to games that no gamer wants.
- Applications and tools:
- Google talk vs Google hangouts - Skype is easy for newbies and so was Google talk. Google hangouts doesn't stay open without browser and lacks the quality of a native app.
- User friendly vs complex: techie oriented in case of apps but native apps can be used by most users (generally(.
- Microsoft's integration of web apps with the windows 8 desktop - good way to go and a hope for better trends and integration. No matter how much free software users may hate Microsoft, but Microsoft is sticking to their aspiring for user friendly interfaces and hence retaining the general population as customers where as Google is even tangentially leaning against their own data liberation freedom trends that they beat the market with by not allowing mass download of hangout chats like they do with email and forcing browser based hangouts on users who were happily using Gtalk as a native application.
- Browser overloading as a result of running so many non native browser based apps.
- Browser environment vs desktop environment: comfort; if you have used native applications, you will know how much more user comfort they provide as compared to web apps, speed: native applications are always tapped into the hardware and middle level resources and are mostly much faster.
- Web apps hardly fully use all the hardware resources a computer provides.
Monday, June 9, 2014
Sunday, June 8, 2014
Saturday, June 7, 2014
Fire glass produces more heat than real wood, and also is environmentally friendly. THere is no smoke, it's odorless and doesn't produce ash. You are able to stay toasty warm without cutting down trees and specially formulated glass crystals give off no toxic deposit.
Main Benefit: It looks like sorcery. ;)